If rustic is what you’re after then look no further than the gorgeous Bates Barn. Since 1946 the farm has retained its magic and charm with its wonderful old barn that makes it to be a great wedding in a barn venue. The barn for the wedding venue and lawns for the ceremony make it an outstanding venue that gives couples a rustic country vibe. I think the Bates Barn is a really great option for couples looking for a flexible, cost-effective wedding venue. It’s private and intimate, but it also has the space to accommodate a good-sized wedding.
Accommodations: Available nearby
End time: 1:00am
Bridal Suite: No
Catering: At couple’s discretion
Bar terms: Couple and guests supply with special event license through Service NB
Parking: Plenty of free parking
- Provided there are no events during the week, you have from Tuesday the week of your event until Sunday at noon immediately following your event. A later time may be granted upon request.
- Full use of facilities to include two washrooms on the lower level and a clean-up kitchen area with hot & cold water; full use of items “available at the time” including:
- Wine glasses – approximately 12 dozen (11.5 oz)
- Drinking glasses – approximately 200
- 5“ side plates, white in color (90-100)
- Cutlery (approximately 110 place settings)
- Mason Jars – various sizes & numbers; some with wire hangers
- Glass vases and Candy Table Jars of various sizes
- Backdrops available at the time (lace/sheer/burlap)
- Lanterns (paper for hanging) of various sizes & colors
- Two Wagon(s) – used as a gift table, candy table or other choice
- Tables – Rectangle: 6 X 8’ (seats 10); 14 X 6’ (seats 8); Round: 10 X 60” (seats 8)
- Chairs –200 all white folding chairs
- Picnic Tables
- Mini-lights hanging on the inside walls of the barn
- Corn Boil Pot (Late Aug/September events)
- With permission – additional items may be found in the barn you may wish to use for decorating purposes (wooden barrels, trunks, lanterns, signs, etc.)
THINGS TO KEEP IN MIND
The rental fee may be on the higher end but you have to keep in mind all of the extras that are included. No need to worry about rentals like plates and cutlery, portable toilets and many rustic décor items which will bring your rustic country theme together. On top of that you can choose your own catering and it allows for you to supply your own alcohol or set the stage for a BYOB event.
The only drawback for us is the fact that it is 20 minutes outside the city so you would most likely want to organize a shuttle to/from your designated hotels for guests. This is a minor issue, however, and overall I think this should definitely be in the running if you are looking for a wedding venue in the Saint John area.
918 Route 850
Long Point, N.B E5T 7N1