Las Vegas, Miami, even Toronto. These cities steal all the attention when it comes to bachelorette parties. These cities are AMAZING, don’t get me wrong, but not everyone can afford or even want to go that far for a bride’s soiree. We have fantastic options right here in our own backyard to honor the bride-to-be but they aren’t always so obvious so I’m breaking down all of the bachelorette party options in our region city by city for you. First up? My hometown Fredericton, New Brunswick.
1. Book a Hotel with a Pool
Show up early and spend some time lounging by the pool and just catching up with the girls. This time allows for everyone to check-in to the hotel, get settled into the room, and have a pre-drink party before you go for dinner. Fredericton hotels with a pool and a central location include:
• The Crowne Plaza Lord Beaverbrook (best central location)
• The Delta Fredericton (not in the downtown core BUT it is a gorgeous urban resort with an indoor and outdoor pool and is a quick cab ride to bars and restaurants)
• Don’t forget to check airbnb to see if you can get a unique rental in the city for all of you!
2. Reserve a Nice Dinner
Choose a nice restaurant that can accommodate a bachelorette group and make sure to call and reserve your table in advance. Check out a few of these fun restaurants in the downtown:
• BrewBakers– Perfectly central location with amazing food and a superb wine list. If you’re going in the summer, reserve a table on the rooftop patio!
• Damda– Vietnamese restaurant with beautiful décor.
• Moco Downtown– Great downtown location that serves up Italian dishes.
• King Street Ale House– American pub with a huge selection of local beer and cocktails.
• Vault 29– Roaring 1920s speakeasy atmosphere
• McGinnis Landing– American style food with a great patio and a semi-private room for groups.
• Maverick Room-Fine dining experience in the Crowne Plaza Lord Beaverbrook hotel.
After dinner you want to take the party elsewhere and grab a few drinks. Fredericton offers a number of fun locations that work perfectly for your bachelorette. Fredericton bars/pubs you can grab a drink (or two!):
• Corked Wine Bar– A cozy wine bar featuring wines from across the globe.
• Dolan’s Pub-Irish pub with live music.
• Gray Stone Brewing– Taphouse serving craft beer with a cool, laid-back vibe.
• Snooty Fox-Relaxed tavern with a nice rooftop patio.
• Wolastoq Boat Tours & Private Charters– Take the party onto the beautiful Saint John River with a boat tour up and down the river.
4. Hit The Dance Floor
For most, a bachelorette party is not complete without hitting the dance floor. Check out these Fredericton nightclubs:
• Klub Krome– Top 40 nightclub with VIP seating with your private server and bottle service.
• The Phoenix– Top 40 nightclub with unique seating and signature cocktails.
• Boom– Continually voted as the best place in the city to dance.
5. Eat A Greasy Hangover Brunch
The best way to nurse a bachelorette hangover is with lots of greasy food. Here are a few Fredericton brunch spots that I like and that can accommodate a big bachelorette group:
6. Hit the Spa
A day at the spa is a perfect way for any nervous bride to ease away the tension and a great way to give you some relief after a night of partying. Book some rest and relaxation time with the bachelorette party at a day spa. I would suggest calling in advance to ensure they can accommodate your party size and if they have any special packages.
7. Do a Fun Activity
Not everyone wants to do the typical drinks and party at a club thing which I totally get. Here are a few more unique bachelorette party ideas for Fredericton:
-Go Bowling and play lazer tag at Kingswood
-Tubing down the Nashwaak River
-Try your hand at the No Escape Room at Unplugged: A Board Game Cafe
-Rent a houseboat with a hot tub from Lakeway Houseboat Vacations
–TreeGo at Mactaquac Park
-Gun range at the Northside Pistol Range
-Take a Brewery Tour at Trailway Brewery
8. Retail Therapy
Before the party is complete, take some time to check-out some of the adorable shops and boutiques in Fredericton. The best for shopping small and local for me include:
–Tilleul– carries numerous affordable women’s clothing brands priced under $100. The styles range from fun party dresses to professional work clothes.
–Modern General– Thoughtfully curated quality goods for everyday living. They support and feature work by independent artists from across North America.
–Room To Remember– Specializes in home decor, kitchen, bed and bath, jewelry, luggage, and coffee.
–Urban Threadz– Situated in a historic home this store provide the perfect destination for clothing and home décor.
–Eloise– This cute boutique offers up some of the most beautiful clothing and accessories lines that you can’t find anywhere else in the city. One of my favorite lines, Soya Concept is carried here!
–Robert Simmonds– Clothing boutique with collections from designers like Alice + Olivia, Kate Spade and Michael Kors.
So there you have your ideas for a bachelorette party in Fredericton. Now it’s your turn. I want to hear your ideas for a bachelorette in Fredericton. Share your ideas in the comments below!