A few weeks ago, I shared my ideas for something old and something blue. Today, I’m incredibly excited because I’m giving you a few ways to incorporate something new into your wedding day. This long-standing tradition represents optimism for the future and to bring good luck in your new life together. The great news is that just about anything can serve as your something new but here are 9 of my favorite ideas for your something new.
Photo Credit: Apt B Photo
1. Your dress is probably the most obvious and maybe the easiest way to incorporate something new into your big day. Because this is so practical and heck you only get to wear this special gown usually once, many brides (including myself!) choose this as their something new option.
2. So you’re wearing your mom’s gown or a vintage dress? Love it! In that case, let your accessories serve as your something new.
3. Or! Go with the best accessory of them all-your engagement ring!
Photo Credit: Mak Photography
4. Splurge and choose your new signature scent for your wedding day and every time you smell the fragrance, it will remind you of your big day.
5. New crystal champagne flutes can be used at your reception to toast to being Mr. and Mrs. (and every anniversary celebration afterwards).
6. Who said your something new has to be seen by others? I love lingerie as a choice because it not only upholds tradition but also lets you surprise your hubby later that night.
Photo Credit: Kimberly Florence Photography
7. What girl doesn’t love a new pair of shoes? This is a great opportunity to purchase those designer shoes you’ve been eyeing.
8. If the budget is tight, you could use new make-up as your something new.
9. What makes a better something new than a new last name? Sport your new initials on your getting-ready robe or on your dress hanger.
Just about anything goes when it comes to something new for your wedding day. You’ll be making alot of new purchases leading up to your big day so make sure your something new is something practical that you’re going to enjoy in the long term.
Will you have Something New? What will it be? Share your ideas below!