So, you’re planning a fabulous bachelorette party in Halifax, Nova Scotia, for your bride-to-be? You’ll be happy to hear that you’re well on your way to creating a fun-filled, unforgettable experience for the lady of honor. Now that you’ve got the destination down, it’s time to start coming up with the specifics, such as where will you stay, what spots around town you’ll visit, and what bachelorette party activities will find their way into the itinerary. After all, you’ll need to come up with some serious fun to get your girlfriend to take her mind off of all the last-minute ideas she has. To get the ideas flowing, I’ve put together a list of places to stay, eat, and drink as well as some activities that I just adore for bachelorette parties in Halifax.
1. Book a Hotel with a Pool
Unpack and then unwind with the girls by relaxing poolside. This is a great way to catch up with the girls and have a bit of R&R before you move onto dinner or your first activity . Halifax hotels with a pool and a central location include:
• The Delta Barrington (Outdoor patio outside of pool area and offers a great harbor view)
• The Westin Nova Scotian (small pool but offers a nice rooftop terrace and a central location)
•The Prince George Hotel (offers a beautiful outdoor patio and a trendy lobby bar for pre-dinner drinks)
•The Courtyard Halifax Downtown (great location with a beautiful zen garden)
•The Halifax Marriott Harbourfront (connected to the casino and has an on-site spa)
2. Reserve a Nice Dinner
Choose a nice restaurant that can accommodate a bachelorette group and make sure to call and reserve your table in advance. Check out a few of these fun restaurants in the downtown:
• Gio– Fine dining with a twist. Great atmosphere and even better menu.
• 2 Doors Down Food + Wine– Upscale pub with local and seasonal care.
• The Bicycle Thief– Delicious food with an amazing location on the waterfront. North American food with an Italian soul!
• The Wooden Monkey– Locally-sourced vegetarian friendly restaurant with vegan and gluten-free options.
• McKelvies– Looking for amazing seafood options then this is the spot for you.
• La Frasca Cibi & Vini– Italian restaurant with a great location on Spring Garden Road.
• The Keg Steakhouse– Amazing food and trendy atmosphere.
• Hamachi Steakhouse– A “must-visit” destination in downtown Halifax for locals, tourists and celebrities alike. Make sure to reserve a Teppan table which has you seated around a teppan grill, guaranteeing that every guest in your party can witness the skillful techniques of our master chefs slicing and dicing steak, chicken, and seafood delicacies.
After dinner you want to take the party elsewhere and grab a few drinks. Halifax offers a number of fun locations that work perfectly for your bachelorette. Halifax bars/pubs you can grab a drink (or two!):
• Stillwell Beer Bar– The place to go if you love craft beers. Make sure to check out their beer garden!
• The Gahan House– You will love their oceanfront views, high ceilings, big windows and their delicious cocktails.
• The Old Triangle– An Irish pub with great live, Celtic music.
• Obladee– A cozy wine bar featuring wines from across the globe.
• Lion & Bright– Located in Halifax’s trendy North End, this is a great wine bar with fantastic cocktails.
• Noble– When it comes to the best watering holes there’s nothing cooler than a speakeasy! Barrington Street’s newest bar, which combines the foodie, cocktail and speakeasy movements, is unadvertised. There’s no storefront, no windows. There’s a password, which changes each week. To get Noble’s password for next week, investigate the Middle Spoon’s Facebook page.
• The Argyle Grill and Bar– featuring one of Halifax’s best rooftop patios.
• The Drawing Room- Cocktail bar above The Henry House is an elegant and romantic bar with amazing appetizers and fabulous drinks.
• The Middle Spoon– Dessert and drinks? Yes please!
• Lot Six Bar & Restaurant– Situated in a historic building with a fabulous atmosphere. Cocktails, beer, and wine will leave a lasting impression.
4. Hit The Dance Floor
For most, a bachelorette party is not complete without hitting the dance floor. Check out these Halifax nightclubs:
• Seahorse Tavern– live music venue.
• Pacifico– top 40 dance club that offers bottle service.
• Taboo Nightclub– top 40 dance club offering bottle service.
• Reflections– “No labels, no rules” bar where everyone is welcome. Expect top 40 music.
5. Eat A Greasy Hangover Brunch
The best way to nurse a bachelorette hangover is with lots of greasy food. Time your arrival carefully because many of these brunch locations don’t take reservations and often have a line. Here are a few Halifax brunch spots that are often top choices and that can accommodate a big bachelorette group:
6. Hit the Spa
A day at the spa is a perfect way for any nervous bride to ease away the tension and a great way to give you some relief after a night of partying. Book some rest and relaxation time with the bachelorette party at a day spa. I would suggest calling in advance to ensure they can accommodate your party size and if they have any special packages.
7. Do a Fun Activity
Not everyone wants to do the typical drinks and party at a club thing which I totally get. Here are a few more unique bachelorette party ideas for Halifax:
• Take a surf lesson just a short distance from the city.
• Hire a photographer for the day to follow you around and capture beautiful images the bride will cherish for years to come.
• Does your bride have a need for speed? Check out Kartbahn Racing which is Atlantic Canada’s Premier Indoor Karting Facility.
• Try your hand at the No Escape Room at Trapped.
• Create beautiful floral crowns with a Oh Dina! DIY Floral Crown Kit
• Looking something a little bit more unique? How about bellydancing or burlesque classes? Check out the Serpentine Studio!
• Relax on a beautiful beach with your gal pals.
• Hop onboard a party cruise boat for an open air dance floor and drinks.
• Step back in time at the award-winning theatrical tour of Alexander Keith’s Original Brewery!
• Drive around the city like a VIP in a limo.
• Tour and taste wines at a local award-winning winery.
So there you have your ideas for a bachelorette party in Halifax. Now it’s your turn. I want to hear your ideas (past and present) for a bachelorette in Halifax. Share your ideas in the comments below!