So…you’ve asked your favorite girls to be your bridesmaids and probably already have a to-list for them the length of your arm. They’ll be the ones who will help you choose your dream gown, throw a super fun bachelorette party, and make sure to help you with those important details on your special day. But have you put any thought into how the groomsmen fit into this picture? Besides throwing your hubby a one heck of a bachelor party and showing up in a tux on the big day, what tasks or duties can they take care of?
Just like bridesmaids, groomsmen have a few key tasks or duties they traditionally fulfill and chances are, unless your groomsmen have been a part of a wedding before they have NO sweet clue what to do. Give a toast? Plan a bachelor party? Groomsmen have just as hard a job as bridesmaids do, but have WAY less resources to go about figuring them all out. One thing is for sure, they all want to do a great job and make their buddy’s journey to the wedding day to be memorable. That’s why I’ve compiled the ultimate list of groomsmen duties to make sure they make the big day as special and stress-free as possible for you and your future hubby. Just send your groomsmen this list and rest assured that they will be there to help you and your future hubby have a memorable and fun journey to your wedding day!
The Ultimate List of Groomsmen Duties
- Help the Best Man plan the bachelor party!
- Rent or buy a suit and attend any suit fittings
- Attend all pre-wedding activities: the engagement party, the bachelor party, rehearsals, wedding party pictures
- Purchase a wedding gift
- Be available to run errands and make necessary pickups in the days before the wedding
- Be with the groom getting ready on the day of the wedding
- Ensure the groom gets to the ceremony on time
- Act as usher and greeter: escort guests to their seats
- Take care of the wedding rings for the ceremony
- In charge of making sure that transportation runs smoothly
- Know the venue(s) well so you can serve as information central and direct guests to restroom facilities and the reception site.
- Be helpful on the day and on hand to assist with any hiccups
- Help bring decorations and/or equipment to the venue and help set up if needed
- Help clean up if necessary
- Give the wedding officiant and vendors their payment envelope (and tips)
- Collect gifts and cards on the wedding day and keep them safe
- Deliver gifts from the couples to bride’s or groom’s parents’ house
- Conspire with the bridesmaids to decorate the wedding getaway car
- Help return the groom’s suit to the rental store (if groom chooses a rental)
- Dance! You’ve gotta keep that dance floor going!
- Most of all – be helpful and simply act as a good friend to the groom and calm any last minute nerves!
Some Extra Tasks for the Best Man
- Give a speech at the rehearsal dinner
- Prepare and deliver a Best Man speech and toast
- Hold the bride’s ring until the exchange of rings
- Witness the signing of the marriage license
Have I missed any responsibilities of the groomsmen? If so, sound off below in the comments and remember if you found this post to be helpful go ahead and click to share down below. After all, sharing is caring!
DON’T FORGET IT: PIN IT!