It’s been months, maybe even years that you’ve been putting all your hard work and energy into planning your wedding and now it’s crunch time to the big day! The week before your wedding can be almost surreal and for many stressful.
So, in this post, I’m deep diving into all your to-do items one week before your wedding day so that you won’t be scrambling at the last minute or worse, forgot something altogether.
Let’s travel, step-by-step, through what to do to prepare one week before your wedding and when you should check these items off your to-do list. Game ON, my friends.
One Week to Go…
- Give your final guest list to your venue and/or caterer and finalize seating chart
- Give the ceremony and reception venue manager(s) a schedule of vendor delivery and setup times. It’s also a good idea to include a contact name and phone number for each vendor
- Collect your engagement ring once it’s been cleaned
- Do a final wardrobe check for the bride, groom, bridesmaids, and groomsmen making sure you have all the essentials and pack them away safely.
- Break in your shoes!
- Confirm your makeup and hair appointments as well as the morning of schedule with your hair and makeup artists
- If you’re renting your groomsmen’s suits, delegate the best man or one of the groomsmen to pick them up and drop them off on the return date
- For the grooms, get a haircut with just a week to go to ensure it’s neither too long or too short
- Confirm roles and duties with the wedding party. Share and communicate your wedding-day timeline to your bridal party, parents and your wedding or venue coordinator
- Delegate any small wedding-day tasks you can to friends and family
- Make sure your photographer and your videographer has your chosen shot list and your Band or DJ has your song list (if needed)
- Plan and set aside personal items that you’d like your photographer/videographer to shoot. For example, copies of your stationery suite, your something borrowed, something blue, something old, etc.
- If you’re going on a honeymoon directly after your wedding, do last minute shopping for your travel needs and pack them away. Place your passport, travel documents and currency somewhere together safe
- Pack your bags for your honeymoon
- Vows and speeches: if you are planning doing either of these make sure you do the final edits and practice to calm any nerves
2-3 Days to Go…
- Go for your spray tan (depending on how natural you want it to be you can get this up to 2 days before)
- Go for your manicures and pedicure
- Massage, waxing & all your other beauty prep
- Make last minute changes to seating chart if necessary
- Pack up any ceremony or reception décor item in separate boxes for what goes where for easy transport and setting up
- Give the place cards, table cards, menus, favors, etc. to the caterer or reception venue manager
- Pack an emergency kit with wedding-day must-haves such as deodorant, pins of every kind, band-aids, a hairbrush, clear nail polish, a sewing kit etc.
- If you’re giving your bride, groom, parents, bridesmaids or groomsmen gifts before the wedding / morning of, ensure they’re wrapped and ready to go with card
- Check in and confirm details with all of your vendors
- Groom: Have your final fitting and pick up your formal wear
- Have the Best Man check in with all groomsmen. Confirm they have attended their final fittings and have their formal wear
- Determine the wedding party positions for the ceremony and order for the processional and recessional
- Call the transportation companies to confirm pickup times and locations
- Deliver the welcome baskets to the hotel concierge with names and delivery instructions
1 to 2 Days to Go…
- Place final payments and cash tips into separate envelopes for each wedding supplier and give them to the groomsman, a trusted friend or family member to pay on your wedding day
- Assign someone to pack up the gifts/belongings after the reception
- Assign someone to take the Bride’s gown to cleaners and to return the Groom’s rentals
- Pack your wedding overnight bag and ask someone to deliver it to where you’ll be staying the night of the wedding
- Check in with your bridal party to make sure that they have all their suits and dresses, shoes and accessories from their shirts, ties, socks and cufflinks to bridesmaids jewelry, bags, cover-ups etc.
- Ceremony rehearsal
- Rehearsal dinner
- Give the marriage license to the officiant
- Present the wedding party with gifts at the rehearsal dinner
The Day Before:
- Ensure the cake and flowers are on track to be delivered to reception venue and bridal party
- Have a relaxing lavender bath
- Decide what you and your bridal party will have for breakfast. You don’t want to feel full (hello bloat!) but you’ll need fuel to get you through the day
- Pop the bubbly in the fridge to chill and go to bed early!
Alright, my friends, I hope this post helped you to identify and organize your to-do items the week leading up to the big day. Hopefully this handy little list helps to make you feel organized and reduce the feeling of overwhelm!
Got questions? Leave a comment below! Let’s chat.
DON’T FORGET IT: PIN IT!